Thursday, January 26, 2012

A New Kitchen Planning Website

Pinned Image
via Cultivate
Photo By: Josh Savage Gibson and Eric Piasecki Designed By: Phoebe and Jim Howard
In case you haven't stumbled upon this new kitchen planning website, let me introduce you. It's called Cultivate. In my quest to finalize a couple of details for the kitchen, I came across one of Phoebe Howard's kitchens that I had not seen before (and it took me all of three seconds to fall in love with it) and it led me to Cultivate. The website had a certain feel that I liked and sort of recognized. I scrolled down to the bottom and  what do you know WSI (Williams-Sonoma Inc.) They sure know how to do things right! The format of the website has that Pottery Barn appearance. 

Pinned Image
via Cultivate
Photo By: Josh Savage Gibson and Eric Piasecki Designed By: Phoebe and Jim Howard

There is a Get Inspired tab that I clicked on and twelve good sized thumbnails popped up of kitchens and kitchen details. I noticed that there was a way to define your search by the style, the layout (ie. u-shapped, l-shaped, etc), the project cost, even cabinet and wall color. Pretty cool, right?

Pinned Image
via Cultivate
Photo By: Josh Savage Gibson and Eric Piasecki Designed By: Phoebe and Jim Howard 

You can even create an inspiration folder, keep track of your own projects and use the budget tools to plan a remodel.

Pinned Image
via Cultivate
I love the feel of all of these kitchens. It's the feel that my kitchen kind of had, that I'm trying to go all the way with. 

Pinned Image
via Cultivate
I was at a kitchen showroom the other day getting quotes on a couple of cabinets and I was explaining the look I am going for. She wasn't impressed. I knew she wouldn't be. I think her words were "it's been done". I was thinking that I know it's been done, I'm a designer, I've seen it a lot too but the thing is, as much as I've seen it- I still love it! To her credit, as we talked and got to know each other I think she realized that it's a good look for me (I mean our kitchen) it's classic, it's timeless, my husband likes it, the kids like it, 
- I hope you like it! 
I'll share my plans with you on Monday. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow looks like a good one. Someone else mentioned this site a few days ago. So many beautiful kitchens you highlighted. Good luck with your kitchen planning, and my only advice is stick to what you love and want, dont' waver and let others talk you into something you aren't feeling, I didn't budge on anything and I am madly in love with my kithcen, cannot stop staring....lol. Enjoy the process, its soo much fun planning a kitchen. I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous site I'lll have to go visit even though we just renovated our kitchen. Forget everyone else and do what you love and you'll never go wrong.

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me really interested on that site... gotta go check out Cultivate... soon.

    And I love Phoebe Howard
    her designs have that fresh and cozy look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for sticking to what you love. And thanks for the tip on the planning website. I actually got an inquiry to possibly work with someone on their kitchen remodel (EEK!) so I'm slightly excited about that possibility and will have to check this out. I can't wait to hear more about your plans for the kitchen and what an opportunity to be able to rehab your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a great look you're going for. These are nice examples. I know it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a GREAT site! There's so much to choose from - and get sidetracked by - isn't there? But you sound as though you're doing a great job keeping focussed - I can't wait to see your plans!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete