Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Saving Your Kids Artwork

multiple frames
via

Today is the last day of school for my kiddie poos-yeah!!! Schools Out For SUMMER!
All this week my second grader has been bringing home the masterpieces- all of those works of art that have been compiling at school -in the classroom and in the art room. 
I recently read an interesting article on organizing all of those works of art and I suppose this would go for writing pieces as well.
Simply create four piles- one to keep in a memory box, one to frame, one to give away for gifts to the special people in your child's life and one to throw away. I thought it was interesting that the article talked of the importance of having your child in on the decisions, especially the throw away decisions (even if you secretly throw away more than they realize) but it's important to teach them how to let things go and that it's okay and even quite necessary. A lesson that I still struggle with sometimes.


Here are a bunch of good ideas for displaying:

childrens art display on clipboards
via
Clipboards make quick changes easy


Google Image Result for http://macmillanframing.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/kids-art-work.59133911_large.jpg
via
Art mixes right in with family photographs on this gallery wall.


Childrens art photographed, resized and printed for framing...love this and will be doing this!!
via
A cool way to display and remember several pieces-
scan individual artworks and shrink them with photo editing software.
more ways to display childrens art
via
Matching frames and mats unify this collection.


A small bite of mondocherry: framing my children's art...http://mondocherry.blogspot.com/2012/05/framing-my-childrens-art.html#
via

Frames filled with cork board for kids artwork and writings- instead of pinning on fridge, hand on the wall and have constant changing wall art!
via
Framed cork boards is another way to have a permanent display that's easily changed.

hanging art
via
This system also allows for quick changes as well as piling on!
Childrens art display
via
I think this is my favorite!

One hour left before they are home (only a half day today) and temps are pushing 100 in sunny Syracuse. Summer vacation is going to start with a splash- literally! 
I think I'll be sitting poolside soon :) 
Enjoy your day too!

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Did you read the survey about parents feeling guilty about throwing their kids’ drawings away? Here are some more ideas for storing, displaying and making keepsakes from kids’ art. http://www.happydoodles.com/blogs/news/6041344-63-of-parents-feel-guilty-about-ditching-kids-artwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious ideas! I love them all. I would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete