Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Recycled Door Headboards

Pinned Image
via

Hmmm, how should I start- long time no see? or should I say long time no write...less cliche- more accurate!? What an amazing few weeks! No, we haven't completely finished the kitchen reno- not even close. Free time has not been abundant. Our household is in the thick of baseball season-two boys, three teams- one of the teams takes us all over...NJ, Albany, Buffalo and we love it! Yes, we've been doing lots of traveling and have pity on me, I just returned from NYC where I helped my daughter (my one and only daughter, sniff,sniff) set up her new apartment for the summer. A big, wonderful and exciting step for her! 

I was inspired to hop back into posting because last night I was with one of my daughter's friends whose moving into an apartment in Manhatten. She recently purchased a couple of old doors that she wants to use for a headboard. I'm hoping to help her out with this endeavor...for now, here is some inspiration for her and anyone else attempting this project.

Although these doors are not part of the headboard, I just love the look with the sconces.
One of my favs! 


Apartment Therapy

Door headboard 9
House Beautiful

Door headboard 7
Remodelista

Door headboard 21
A Pair Of Pairs

Door headboard 18
Better Homes and Gardens

Door headboard 22
Dirt Cheap Decor

Scour antique shows, garage/barn sales for some great finds.
Craigslist is also a great place to find doors for this purpose. I think LR, my daughters friend, picked up three beautiful doors, with hardware, for five dollars each. 
So many options...  So many different looks... Which one appeals to you!?

2 comments:

  1. You certainly sound super busy these days! LOVE LOVE LOVE those blue doors w/ the lights. So gorgeous and unique. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby- So funny you visited today...I've been thinking about you (I'm considering some blog changes) and stopped by your site(s) yesterday. Congratulations on your new endeavor...I am so inspired by you- more than you know!

      Delete