Friday, January 20, 2012

DIY Home Decor You Have To See To Believe

DIY stencil throw pillow
Wit & Whistle
DIY Stencil Pillow
What do you think of when you hear DIY home decor? 
If you think it means blood sweat and tears or crafty looking picture frames made out of Popsicle sticks, I'm here to change your mind. I have put together a collection of tutorials that give step by step instructions to make some really beautiful home decor. I think you will agree that many of these items do not look "DIY". You'll want to try these!


Pinned Image
via
DIY Drum Pendant light
A very chic drum pendant light made from two embroidery hoops, sheet plexiglass and fabric. 


Pinned Image
via
DIY Gilded Branch
A really sophisticated look that really doesn't need a tutorial. Spray paint a branch! 
 How beautiful would this be as centerpieces at a wedding with a couple of lovebirds perched on it?


Pinned Image
via
DIY Wall Decor
I love this idea and will definitely be trying this one. Wood letters are glued to canvas and spray painted. Think of the possibilities!


Pinned Image
via
I will admit that this is not as easy as spraying a branch but with a little determination you could make this light. 
You can't flip through a home decor magazine without seeing these lights and using some wood beads and a hanging flower planter you could make one for yourself!

 
Pinned Image
via
DIY Concrete Bookend
Such an understated look! 
There is not one thing I'm posting that I'm not planning on making- I can't wait to share 
- my wheels are spinning!


Pinned Image
via
DIY Tassels
Tassels made from a champagne cork and pages from a vintage textbook. So clever!


Pinned Image
via
DIY Wine Bottle Chandelier
From the cork to the bottle- a wine bottle chandelier. 


Pinned Image
via
DIY Decorative Wall Panels
This is something that I've always wanted to do.  We have a very high ceiling in our foyer and I know that I don't want to get up there and paint or paper something decorative on the wall. Wouldn't something like this be cool? I like the idea of not committing to one look for a long time and with these lightweight panels (foam insulation board) covered in fabric I could change it from time to time.

Are you convinced? Do you think you may try one of these?

Check out my Pinterest Handmade Gifts and Decor board to see all of the ideas I've collected.

3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right, no way would I have thought these were DIY unless you pointed them out. Great collection! I think I might have to try making that cute little tassel myself.
    Out of lemons come lemonade... glad to hear that new kitchen plans are underway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful ideas! I love the painted branch, the wall decor and the bottle chandelier.

    Have a lovely weekend, Michelle!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects! I just wish I could find the time to try a lot of them. My Pinterest diy board is overflowing:)

    xo
    Amy R.

    ReplyDelete