Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun Friday Find: Graphic Rugs

If you have been reading this blog you know that every Friday I try to bring you something on the fun side. Also, I  told you a while back that a couple of times a month, I'm going to feature interiors from a single designer. Well, today it's both! I was noticing some interiors in one of my favorite online design magazines Ivy & Piper (btw, if you haven't checked it out you definitely should- it's loaded with inspiration). The magazine featured an interview with Australian designer Diane Bergeron. Her style is energetic, colorful, playful and in general- FUN! I promptly went to her website and reviewed her entire portfolio. Lets just say I would hand my home over to her and let her have it. I didn't see a single interior that I didn't love. One thing I noticed is how often she used a dramatic floor covering- like the colorful toss pillows that I posted about a couple of Friday's back- what a quick way to completely transform the feel of a room! 

Black walls- you know I love it!






One of the things I said I would share with you is how to take inspiration from a picture and apply it to your own space. This is an example of a picture that inspires me. I will add this one to my "inspiration folder". What I noticed in this image is that the couch is exactly like mine, not the style but the colors, I have a gold table with a marble top (remember I just painted it gold, click HERE to see it), also, my adjacent room is the same gray wall color- so it has the "feel" of my style. I have a black & white paisley wall-covering so I'm not sure about the rug, though, I like it. I'd have to change the rug in the adjacent room. I would consider doing this. Also, I love the yellow pillows and the color of the side chair and cushion. I could do that too. So there's a glimpse into my mind being inspired and thinking how can I make this work for me! I hope that illustrates an approach that you can use when you find a photo that has some of the characteristics of your own space. 





Orange used to be one of my least favorite colors but I have been seeing a lot of rooms, like this, that I really like. I especially like it with gray. Sounds like an upcoming post!
Do you love these rugs? If you would like to see more of Diane Bergeron's interiors click HERE. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I hope Syracuse wins the Big East Tournament!!! (Go Orange!)
Take care,
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment