Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bed & Breakfast Inns of Ireland

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I've never traveled to Ireland but have always been overwhelmed by the gorgeous countryside vistas, the rolling green hills and stone buildings that I've seen in books. 

 

If/when I do visit, I imagine myself traveling from town to town, staying in bed and breakfast inns, strolling through gardens and local pubs.  

Barrowville Townhouse
Carlow, Ireland via Trip Advisor
Today, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, I will play travel agent and show you a few inns ...for those of you who might be a wee bit luckier than I :)

 

So many of the bed and breakfast inns are old country homes with enormous rooms. I can imagine spending at least one night here.

Cottage accommodation. Copyright GaeltachtTravel.com.
Image via GaeltachtTravel.com
 In contrast to the large stately homes are the many old stone cottages- often more than one on a property. How darling is this cottage?!

Roundwood House
Roundwood House
Mountrath, Ireland
Can you imagine staying at this Palladian style villa nestled in the woods?

The Yellow Room

The Green Room

I do love those countryside bed and breakfast inns and of course Dublin would be a must visit destination but I think I found a place, in the heart of Ireland,  where I could stay for weeks!
An eighteenth century country house!



It's called Ashley Park House- a bed & breakfast in Nenagh, Co. Tiperrary located on the shores of a lake  Lough Ourna.



The house was fully renovated in 1993 with most rooms being redecorated in 2003. In particular, the drawing room and the red dining room were completely upgraded using fabrics and wall paper from Zophany and Colefax and Fowler.
















 













 

If you thought the interior was fabulous, wait until you see the grounds of the nearly 80 acre estate!












Visit ashleypark.com for more info. 
Oh how I could while away the days here!
Are you ready to pack your bags?!

Have a Safe and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready to go it looks beautiful. The closest we've been is Scotland and spent a month on our honeymoon doing exactly that...jumping from castle to castle that act as Inns, we had the best time.

    I hope you're enjoying your Sunday!

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images. I'd love to visit someday...

    ReplyDelete