Sunday, February 6, 2011

Real Man Caves


I hope you forgive me for this. I thought it might be fun to tie in the big game this weekend with my Fun Friday post . In my quest to find something football related and fun and design-y I thought of man caves. I have to tell you, I've never seen so many rooms that I hate. Why is it that man cave is practically synonymous with tacky. I'm sure there are some very cool masculine rooms out there that happen to have a large TV, recliners, a pool table and/or a poker table, a dart board and sports memorabilia...maybe they are just considered masculine family rooms or dens and not the proverbial "man cave". I found a lot of this:



I did find a clever way to utilize a stairwell - kind of like a man-tunnel.
 Finally, after exhausting my usual means, I found these  man-caves (that are actually in homes that are for sale) in a recently published article on Zillow.

Understated... don't you think?
Cambridge, MD
An "antler themed" man cave.
Camdentown, MO
Larry the Cable Guy's very own man cave.
Sanford, FL
What you don't see in the picture are the two theater rooms, the arcade/dance club, and the bowling alley.
Washington, UT

Notice the glass encased wine cellar in the corner. Nice touch!
Laguna Beach, CA

My favorite! Of course it's part of a plus ten million dollar estate! A boat house converted into a tavern-like man cave.
Nautilus Island, Brooksville, ME


With or without a man cave, enjoy the game! My Colts aren't in it so to steal a line from my daughter- Go Commercials!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment